Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds division is currently seeking an Electrical Technician to join our ICI Operations team. This position is based at our Houston, TX facility (3413 N Sam Houston Parkway W.).
In this role, you will work as a member of the operations team in achieving production, product quality, and employee safety goals of explosion proof custom motor control and power distribution unit. This role will be responsible for completing engineered-to-order products as assigned which could include the production of quality electrical control panels, motor control, power distribution products, switchracks, and related or similar products. This role reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor directly.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Uphold all safety guidelines and requirements
- Build frames or mounting plates.
- Assemble and wire electrical components such as relays, switches, transformers, circuit breakers, terminal blocks, etc.
- Install completed assemblies into cabinets and enclosures as required
- Punch and/or drill, tap, and thread enclosure penetrations
- Accurately layout and position assembly components to ensure construction feasibility and ease of installation and future maintenance.
- Participate in switchrack construction: including bus fabrication and assembly, enclosure construction, component layout and mounting to frame. Installation, measurement, fabrication, and installation of conduit and associated fittings, and wiring of complete assembly.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement/cost savings for operations and/or the facility
- Analyze job requirements from blueprints and schematics. Note discrepancies and make necessary adjustments to switch rack and drawings. Advise Manufacturing Engineer of corrections.
- Test all projects for Quality Control purposes
- Responsible for maintaining work area and general shop area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Cross-train as needed to develop additional skills sets to flex as needed with demand
- Responsible for maintaining work area and general shop area in a clean and orderly condition
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisory or management personnel.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in electrical assembly
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Eaton Houston, TX facility (50 mile radius) will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an on-going basis without sponsorship.
- 3 years of experience in a similar role building explosion proof and/or power distribution products preferred.
- Previous experience as a Field Electrician, Electrician Apprenticeship, or Certified Electrician preferred
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong mechanical/technical aptitude; knowledge of principles of mechanics, characteristics of materials, fundamentals of electricity and wiring of ordinary circuits.
- Ability to setup and operate hand, pneumatic and power tools.
- Use of a variety of fixed and adjustable gauges and electrical testing equipment to prove out wiring and mechanical functions of unit and to ensure quality.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and other technical drawings
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Strong time management skill as well as oral communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality
- Strong practical knowledge applicable to manufacturing environment.
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers
- Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift.
- Able to lift and bend on a continuous basis
- Able to regularly lift 30-50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to distinguish colored wiring
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment as required by company policy and procedure.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No