Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The Cwmbran facility is the center of excellence for the Fire product line, a leading manufacturer and a global supplier of high quality fire systems and devices. With our ability to provide complete systems, not just components, our customers can be confident in the knowledge that all of our products have been specifically designed and tested to ensure that they are all fully compatible to form a reliable, compliant fire detection and alarm system.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, in this role You will be managing the entire warehouse operation including logistics, goods inbound and outbound, transactional and cycle counting accuracy, storage and distribution for our production site in South Wales.
Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Your key deliverables:
- Drive warehouse and logistics efficiency improvements
- Lead the warehouse team to achieve departmental KPIs
- Schedule and organize safe picking/packing and loading of goods for domestic and international customers
- Manage the introduction of automated processes and new technology
- Stock control and transactional accuracy
- Partner with the Operations Team to ensure adequate resource is available to cover the entire warehousing operation at all times
- Ensure alignment with Eaton's operating guidelines and adherence to all company policies relating to ethics, EHS and quality
Do you have?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a similar discipline?
- Relevant professional experience or in a similar function?
- Knowledge in SAP/MRP (SAP is preferred, not mandatory) and Warehousing Automation?
- People management and Leadership experience?
- Analytical thinking skills?
- An ethical mind-set at all times?
- Interpersonal and influencing skills, with a very good ability to coordinate teams?
- Effective organization skills, with an ability to multi-task and problem solve?
Then we want to hear from you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with on-going learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time