Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Welder on 2nd shift to join our team. Pay starting at $23.55/hour, depending on experience. This position is based at our Badger facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Welder operates pulse welding machine, stud welder, cutting torch, plasma cutter, grinder and jib crane, assembling 3 phase/Switchmodule tanks with leak proof seams. Operator checks parts against blueprints for proper dimensions and locations. Knows how and uses fixtures and jigs. Signs off on safety and quality checklists.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Support and check material specifications, dimensions on shop orders and prints against customer specifications for accuracy.
- Cut and trim material using oxygen-acetylene torch and plasma when required.
- Support and assemble component parts to front plates checking part numbers and locations against blueprints. Splices multiple pieces of material to make up front plate and other tank components.
- Check corrugate for the proper size of volutes.
- Assemble and weld front plate, tank bottom and tank body, including corrugate, providing all leak proof seams.
- Grind excess weld from seams, edges and gasket seats to improve the fit of parts. Scrape and wipe down unit to ensure it meets applicable customer requirements.
- Set tank on conveyor line, stamping with employee identification number.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School education or GED from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 1-year Technical School diploma AND/OR minimum of 2 years welding experience in mig and arc welding.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of (enter location) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Position Success Criteria:
Ability to successfully complete Eaton’s Power Systems weld test with a score greater or equal to 80%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No