Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a OPEX Engineer - Lean to join our team. This position is based at our Arecibo facility.
The OPEX Engineer – Lean provides leadership and support to the Arecibo Operation including the coordination and development of continuous improvements framework (CIF) initiatives.
- Identify, develop and execute projects to increase operational outstanding efforts.
- Provide guidance to a small group of engineering technicians.
- Deploy CIF, OO and lean tool.
- Perform data analysis and prepare reports and presentation as required.
- Evaluate and select new technologies/equipment to improve quality, performance and safety.
- Participate and support different audits (e.g OPA).
- Develop, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods and processes.
- Design visual controls and embedded test.
- Analyzes and plan work force utilization, space requirements and work process flow.
- Designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Generates, review, update and develop Standard Work Instruction, Visual aids and MIL's.
- Develop & update VSM for Currents and Future states.
- Perform and prepare capacity studies.
- Work with the requirements established by Lean (Standard Work Flow, Manning, Layout, Operation Balance Chart, VSM, Cross Training and TPM), EQS and Mesh.
- Implement activities to improve Set up reduction - Lean Tools Experts.
- Responsible for implement Lean / Kaizen Events in mfg. area.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in continuous improvement environment working with Lean tools.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- PC Proficiency including knowledge of MS windows operating systems, MS Office and Minitab.
- Bilingual – English\Spanish with good oral and written communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No