If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer Quality in Eaton’s Electrical business, based in Pondicherry, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Captures quality function requirements such as test equipment for parts qualification, test cases and review of SOPs for successful launch of new products manufacturing.
- Identifies required tools and procedures for incoming components inspection, assembly, testing and troubleshooting of issues in the production line.
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of quality issues
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved quality issues within assigned projects.
- Support the Quality Manager to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
- Deliver training of quality awareness
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Assist with first off sample approvals
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Manage and coordinate supplier Parts Per Million (PPM), supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
- Lead quality audits
- Undertake special projects as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
- Achieve goals within budget
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- BE / ME degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engg
- 5+ years of experience in Quality function and Knowledge on Process Quality.
- Knowledge of quality and business systems
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP),
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect
- Analysis (FMEA)
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Knowledge of TS16949
- Knowledge of ISO45001/OHSAS18001
- Understanding of ISO14001
- Knowledge of measurement techniques, Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of professional presence and customer interface skills
- Very adept at influencing to achieve results through others when required
- Team player
- Ability to get things done through teams effectively
- Ability to forge strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: *RV1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time