Eaton’s Industrial Controls Division is currently seeking a Materials Buyer/Planner to join our team.
This position is based at our Watertown, WI facility.
The primary function of this position is to plan, develop and manage the administration of procurement activities for specific commodities and sub-commodities as well as schedule assigned production lines to satisfy customer needs through forecast and material planning.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Manage and develop suppliers to ensure optimal quality, deliver and lowest landed-cost in accordance with Divisional, Operational and Corporate policies and objectives.
Develop and maintain on-going supplier relationships.
- Analyze and evaluate procurement policies, systems technology and practices to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare data and reports as required pertaining to on-time delivery, supplier performance, usage/spend, and shortage.
- Recommend continuous improvement in cost reduction, quality and delivery.
- Support engineering, production, accounting and quality with any projects or problems such as processing ECOs, expediting floor stock as needed, conducting month end close, and communicating customer/supplier needs.
- Interprets and monitors adherence to functional and corporate policies and procedures.
- Enforce legal and regulatory requirements impartially to all government and commercial contracting laws and regulations.
- Review delivery requirements and expedites when necessary.
- Analyze material requirements and inventory in order to maintain on-time delivery and targeted inventory levels.
- Analyze key inventory control measures to identify trends and opportunities for improvement and follows through with implementing solutions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- BBA / BS Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a supply chain function (customer service/buying/playing role)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Watertown, WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- APICS Certification, CPIM, and/or Purchasing certification, CPM highly desired
- Supply chain function experience in a manufacturing environment
- Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) knowledge and MFG/Pro (or other ERP system) experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully interface with all levels within the organization
- Intermediate to advanced operational level for Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge/experience with Continuous Improvement Lean, Six Sigma tools
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No