Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Quality Control Inspector B on 2nd Shift to join our team. The position is based at our Los Angeles, CA (near Glendale metro) facility.
The LA facility has approximately 350 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Be able to review and Inspect Repair and Overhaul units.
Be responsible for inspecting (Outbound and/or in-process) aerospace sub-assemblies and/or assemblies visually and dimensionally for conformance to manufacturing drawings, quality control specifications and supplier/customer requirements.
Be using measurement equipment such as, but not limited to, calipers, micrometers, pin gages, thread plugs, thread ring gages, surface plates, and optical comparator.
Be processing first article inspection reports per AS9102.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years related experience in Quality Inspection with aerospace products.
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile distance of the Los Angeles, CA facility (zip code 90039) to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Attendance/Punctuality/Dependability - Is consistently at work and on time; Uses time efficiently; follows instructions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to achieve goals. Able to work efficiently under fast pace environment.
- Quality/Quantity - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner
- Safety and Security - Follows safety procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication – Speaks English clearly and listens and gets clarification when needed; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Presents numerical data in a legible manner; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Treats people with respect; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support – Follows all policies and procedures; upholds organizational values. Must be highly motivated and committed to high quality standards.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine documentation. Ability to speak clearly and effectively with Manager/Supervisor, coworkers, customers, suppliers, etc.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Computer Skills - Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), internet, etc.
- Knowledge or experience inspecting various types of materials (e.g., aluminum, alloy, titanium, stainless steel, etc.).
- Knowledge or experience inspecting aerospace products with coatings (e.g., anodizing, cadmium plating, chromium plating, nickel plating, zinc plating, passivation, etc.).
- College or ASQ (American Society for Quality) certification a plus.
- Experience working in FAA environment
- Mechanical Inspection
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No