If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Specialist-Safety based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The Specialist Engineer be responsible for shaping design for the function, methods and practices on New Technology Introduction (NTI), New Product Introduction (NPI) projects.
- Understands industry trends for fuctional safety & develops Eaton’s strategy in response to the industry needs keeping in view organization’s vision & mission.
- Responsible for identifying gaps in existing safety process & close the gap by developing design for safety, safety assessment framework for Industrial & Electrical Sector.
- Responsible to reach out to external bodies to fill these gaps as needed.
- Responible to coordinate the safety assessment needs of big bet programs by working collaboratively with internal teams as well as design engineering teams.
- Responsible for safety signoff on key projects, reviewing the project deliverables to ensure its accuracy and co-ordinate with engineering teams.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities or connections that enhance business performance for example he/she takes interest in understanding the key technologies used by competitiors and connects that with Eaton’s game plan, visits external agencies/ universities to develop connections with consultands & professors who can be helpful in growing capabilities.
- Responsible for managing a project portfolio for Eaton's Automotive and Hydraulics business and managing the safety certification of the products in this portfolio.
- Establish and shape-up design for safety vision for the group in sync with current and future business needs.
- Collaborate with global experts, external partners and universities to enable this vision through safety assessment framework.
- Lead critical reviews and provide technical mentoring on complex projects involving multiple components or safety compliance aligned with organizational objectives and standards.
- Develop subject matter experts in the CoE through technical training, guidance and mentoring.
- Drive innovation in the group and Establish IP through patents, trade secrets and technical publications.
- Lead internal forums like community of practice and represent in external forums& professional bodies.
- Engineering/ master/ PhD degree in Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Automotive/Aerospace Engineering
- 10-13 years of relevant experience
- Deep understanding of industry regulations for product/functional safety like IEC 61508, ISO 26262, ATEX and machinery directives
- Having product safety certification experience (TUV, UL etc) will be added advantage"
- Problem solving, Creativity, Process Management and Innovation
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time