If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Manager Operations Test Lab based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The primary responsibility of the Operations Manager will be to provide leadership in managing & directing day-to-day operations of test lab in order to meet or exceed safety, quality, delivery, cost & efficiency goals for test lab
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees in collaboration with site EHS leader. Drive & support behavioral based zero incident safety culture
- Ensure all EHS incidents/accidents/near misses/SIOs are promptly reported and thoroughly investigated to determine root causes. Identify & implement corrective & preventive action plans and track to closure
- Drive Management of Change (MoC), Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and workstation ergonomic improvements to improve employee health, safety and productivity
- Ensure 100% regulatory compliance as required for site related to EHS requirements
- Provide leadership & direction to the maintenance personnel (internal/external/contract) in the assigned area of Test equipment, material handling equipment (including forklift) & utility/facility maintenance for Test Lab
- Establish standard operating procedures and troubleshooting guides for routine maintenance activities in line with MESH guidelines
- Establish detailed TPM/RCM action plan for each equipment and ensure to meet the TPM activity to up keep the equipment for effective utilization
- Implement and deploy corrective actions to ensure compliance with Quality Management Systems, OSHA regulations, statutory regulations and local laws as applicable
- Plan & establish maintenance budget requirements as part of annual profit plan cycle
- Ensure an effective implementation of all logistic activities particularly in the materials management
- Provide leadership & direction on materials management as relates to storage, issuance, usage and disposal of material that belongs to Test lab by close working with third party supplier managing the stores/warehouse.
- Champion use of Eaton Systems & tools to ensure appropriate execution within assigned areas
- Engage leaders & test lab employees in lean initiatives including but not limited to Test engineer/technician standard work, 5S, Pull Systems, empowered work teams and structured problem solving
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies and encourage continuous improvement
- Communicate company policies, procedures and guidelines and ensure they are consistently practiced
- Utilize Key Performance (operating) Indicators (KPIs) for control of testing cost, material usage, test stand downtime, utility downtime, expenditure control and other shift functions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university/institution.
- 15+ years of experience of operations management in a test lab or manufacturing environment
- Sound knowledge of Mechanical/Electrical Product testing, test standards & test methodologies is preferred
- Lean six sigma and continuous improvement experience and/or certifications
- Prior people management experience
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time