If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Manager Engineering based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The manager will be responsible for managing a team of experienced engineers specializing in manufacturing processes with the principal goal of identifying, developing, and justifying commercialization of significant growth opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses. The following are the details of the primary functions
- Creates technology strategy, direction, priorities and lead team to develop solutions aligning to business needs in the areas related to materials & manufacturing simulations and integrated manufacturing processes
- Leads the development of technology roadmaps that are linked to and supportive of the overall ERL and business strategies.
- Initiates and develops solid relationship with BU both Engineering and Commercial leaders
- Has in depth knowledge of Business Division goals and strategies and drives business objectives / improvements impacting division-wide measures.
- Identifies opportunities or connections that enhance business performance.
- Able to strategically identify leading external partnerships and outside technologies from universities and research institutes
- Ability to influence and guide people to work on complex technical issues
- Drives skill development and routinely mentors others in technical/professional skills.
- Actively contributes high quality IP that has business and technology importance
Masters or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
Total 10+ years, 5+ years managerial experience
Modeling & Simulation, Computational techniques
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time