If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer Embedded in Eaton’s business, based in Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Contribute to the software development efforts by contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of world class, high-robustness, embedded software platforms.
• Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
• Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
• Propose and provide innovative, competitive technical solutions which can make significant business impact and provide value to stakeholders.
• Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews.
• Develop and execute plans for incremental and interactive project delivery.
• Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs
• Perform other duties as assigned.
· 3+ years’ experience in the software industry, with a proven track record of shipping high quality products.
· 3+ years’ experience developing embedded systems involving Multi-threading / thread syncs. Etc.
· Good skills in C++
· Excellent object oriented design and programming skills, including the use of design patterns
· Knowledge of embedded systems, operating systems, real-time multitasking and communication protocols.
· Experience utilizing best practices in software engineering.
· Experience in an Agile design methodology.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts.
· Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, exhibiting technical innovation and creative solutions.
· Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies.
· Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills.
· Experience with the Linux operating system
· Experience with Microsoft Windows and Windows based operating systems
· Experience with basic networking, serial/ TCP/UDP communications
· Knowledge on Industrials/electrical protocols, Substation Automation domain, Networking and Microsoft Team Foundation Suite
· A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required. Work independently to tight deadlines.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time