Eaton Electrical is currently seeking an Intern to join our Custom Order Engineering team for a 1-year contract! This position is based at our Milton, ON facility.
We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s
electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s
lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things
the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers
across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and
sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities
where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on.
Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and
the environment through the use of power management technologies and services,
our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership
attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
Support the processes and department specific objectives at our Milton facility by:
- Creating/updating as-built ACAD Electrical drawings and supporting Engineering Department on related activities.
- Assisting with improvements to MI database (MS Access).
- Actively participating in plant wide lean activities.
- Supporting Engineering Department with cost improvements and quality initiatives.
- Supporting on Design Automation (DA) project
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- High School Diploma required.
- Enrolled and returning to a College or University program (specifically Electrical/Computer Engineering 3rd or 4th year student).
- Must live within 80km of the Milton facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Prior internship or co-op experience an asset.
- Previous manufacturing experience an asset.
- Exposure to ACAD Electrical and Microsoft applications.
- Exposure to any programming language
- Strong customer services focus with a commitment to confidentiality, a high level of professionalism and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely, on multiple projects, in a manufacturing environment.
- Good analytical/problem solving, mathematical skills and troubleshooting ability.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No