Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking a Business Team Leader in the new Aguascalientes, Mexico location.
The Business Team Leader will provide leadership and direction for a production area within the plant. They will be responsible for performance with respect to safety & the environment, quality, on time delivery, continuous improvement, personnel development, and cost for his/her respective area. They will be the first-line contact between production employees and the management staff and will be expected to represent the company when interacting with production employees on the shop floor. This person will be responsible for establishing a world class culture in Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement, and Employee Development in his/her respective production area.
- Lead and provide support to the start-up and installation of new equipment – including cleaning, painting, rebuilds, install, runoff, PPAP runs, and eventual production.
- Giving leadership direction to technicians, operators, engineers, and external suppliers.
- Support the hiring of new employees (operators, technicians, etc.)
- Lead and provide support to the setup of new processes/equipment, documentation, and employees for the new Aguascalientes manufacturing site.
- Lead and provide support to the implementation of the Continuous Improvement Framework Building Blocks including Gemba walks, Manning Strategy, Process Checks, Daily Accountability, Process Standardization, Visual Controls, and Leader Standard Work. Instilling a culture of Continuous Improvement in all employees.
- Conduct Daily Visual Management stand-up meeting with all department personnel in area of responsibility focusing on safety, quality, delivery, cost/productivity, and inventory.
- Utilize lean six sigma methodologies to reduce operational costs, inventory and lead-times as well as ensure alignment with long-term manufacturing strategies.
- Develop and establish manufacturing priorities based on the production schedule and monitor employee work requirements to meet customer deadlines.
- Enforce and implement safety policies and programs, meet operating budgets, complete continuous improvement plans, and coach employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary actions if required.
- Monitor control plans, troubleshoot workmanship problems and supervise production activities to ensure manufactured products meet or exceed established quality requirements.
- Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardize work processes are followed and countermeasures are implemented where necessary.
- Ensure that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully perform job.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in supervision.
- Presentation and facilitation knowledge with skills in teaching, training, and developing employees.
- Experience with lean, six sigma, and/or continuous improvement.
- Project management experience
- Ability to work with internal resources, internal customers, external suppliers, and external customers
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Engineering, or related field of study.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope and complexity in a manufacturing environment
- SAP business system experience.
- Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes.
Limited travel may be required (<10%)Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many cross functional teams
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time