Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Material Handler I to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Cleveland, TN facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Operate a forklift to safely retrieve parts and materials out of racks and supply them to the assembly lines.
- ACt as back-up to other material handlers and the assembly section as needed in different sections.
- Safely and efficiently deliver materials as needed to various locations.
- Record transactions consistent with established procedures, return materials back to stock, and maintain all documentation accordingly.
- Unload trucks and check freight bills accordingly and coordinate movement of material.
- Locate material when required by other material handlers, internal customers or supervisors.
- Comply with all applicable ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 procedures.
- Possess knowledge of relevant ISO procedures and work instructions as well as Eaton Safety Process.
- Participate in accident & injury/ illness prevention activities: Job Safety Analysis and safe working procedures.
- Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions and participate in accident, near-miss or potential hazard investigations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- 1 year previous stand up reach forklift operating experience is preferred
- Previous warehouse or manufacturing experience preferred
- Previous experience in driving a tow motor in a manufacturing environment is preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No