Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently recruiting for a Lead Machinist on 2nd shift to join our team. The position is based at our Irvine, CA location.
The Lead Machinist works with minimal supervision and reports to Department Manager. This position makes independent judgments and decisions; has leeway in methods and processes for accomplishing assignments. They are responsible for recommending and using methods and procedures that contribute toward more efficient and economic machining operations, greater dimensional accuracy, or savings in machine time.
- Lead and direct employees while utilizing continuous improvement practices in order to meet department policy goals and help the company grow
- Build teamwork among all associates through effective communication and motivation to support achieving department and plant goals
- Ensure that employees have the skills, knowledge and ability to perform current responsibilities and assignments
- Train and mentor lower-level Machinists for future growth and development
- Assume full and direct responsibility for all aspects of the team’s performance
- Lead lower-level Machinists in interpreting written instructions and specifications, planning, and layout work for inspection, using a variety of precision measuring instruments
- Complete first article inspection, including CMM
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems on both manual and CNC equipment
- Guide Machinists in producing complex, non-routine parts and items of equipment from raw stock of different materials, metal alloys, and other materials
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Perform Lean Initiatives including Continuous Improvement
- Perform other related duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience as a Machinist.
Minimum three (3) years’ previous work experience in a lead role within manufacturing environment
Previous experience working with a variety of measuring tools / instruments
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Irvine will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
· Knowledge and use of shop mathematics, including geometry and trigonometry
· Knowledge of Geometric symbols (GD&T)
· Able to read and interpret advanced drawings and schematics
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
· Extensive knowledge in processes (i.e. Lathe, Mill)
· Communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
· Ability to interact and participate in a team driven culture
Previous work experience as a Lead Machinist in an Aerospace machine shop environment
Able to do first article layout work and operate CMM and optical comparators
Journeyman apprenticeship or equivalent training plus considerable experience to perform work
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time