Eaton’s Aerospace is currently seeking a Human Resources manager to join our team. This position is based the Philadelphia, PA area (Glenolden, PA facility). Relocation assistance will be provided.
As an integral part of the Leadership Team, the Human Resources Manager will identify, develop and deploy HR strategies designed to attract, manage, develop, motivate and retain key talent while creating a high performance, sustainable organization capable of achieving the business objectives and action plans.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Talent – recruit, assess and select top talent based on business needs. Partner with the corporate recruiting resources and hiring managers to select talent in a timely manner. Develop, retain key talent, strengthen talent acquisition with a focus on diversity for future roles to drive the organization forward. Culture & Organization Effectiveness – understand the business strategy and identify opportunities to improve organizational capability. Drive culture change to align the organization performance and adopt actions where gaps exist, process change, coaching and training. Ensure organization practices align with the Eaton Leadership Model.
- Performance Management – Drive the performance management system to ensure annual employee job assessments are conducted. This includes annual goal setting, assessment process and periodic feedback sessions that strive to raise the performance bar in the organization. Provide coaching, counseling to leaders on effective performance management.
- Employee Communication – Foster two-way communication within the organization.
- Coaching, Counseling and Facilitating – provide guidance and direction to leaders on human resource management policies, processes and systems.
- Training and Development – Manage the processes to facilitate employee development.
- Legal Compliance – Ensure the business complies with country legal requirements in all areas of employment and employment administration.
- FAA Compliance – DER (Designated Employee Representative) for site FAA Drug Abatement program
- EBS - Participate in EBS activities such as an Eaton MESH (Management Environmental Safety & Health) element champion, OpA (Operations Assessment) category owner, Employee Listening Survey advocate.
- Compensation - Administer compensation programs for both hourly and salaried employees to ensure competitive pay practices.
- Employee Relations – promote positive employee relations and employee engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of five years human resources generalist experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or MBA
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Broad range of knowledge and experience with employment laws affecting human resources management
- Coaching, facilitation and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability / influence across a matrixed environment
- Ability to effectively communicate through all levels of the organization
- Strong experiencing recruiting and selection of talent for all levels of employment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time