Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking an EHS Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Middlesex, NC facility.
The EHS technician will support the EHS Manager with ensuring safety and environmental conditions are met to protect employees within a manufacturing setting. This position develops and delivers effective policies, procedures, auditing, training, communications, and educational materials to promote increased understanding and adherence to safe operating practices through the workplace. The EHS Technician ensures compliance with company standards and government regulations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Complete work station risk assessments
- Identify and complete CAPAs for hazards by using the safety controls (eliminate, engineering, administrative, PPE). Develop, implement, and oversee action plans to eliminate hazards to minimize risks
- Review and update MFOP’s with the CAPA’s identified from the work station risk assessments
- Implement ergonomic improvements such as tooling
- Implement material handling improvements including methods and equipment.
- Complete EHS inspections including but not limited to waste, water, storm water, air emissions, security, etc.
- Complete accident, near miss, and first aid investigations using the 8D process
- Report metrics for electrical usage, water usage, and waste generation.
- Track regulatory laws mandated by OSHA, EPA, DOT, DOH to maintain compliance.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate degree or higher
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Middlesex, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental or safety
- Good written and oral communication skills
- PC Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No