Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Plant Manager to lead one of our largest plants in North America. This position is based in our Arden, NC location.
Accountable for both the Operational and Financial performance of the Power Distribution and Control Assemblies operation in Arden, NC (Asheville area), the Plant Manager sets overall policies and procedures to ensure safe, effective manufacturing operations consistent with the Eaton Business System as well as Eaton Ethics, Values, Philosophy and policy.
The Plant Manager leads the plant leadership team to develop plant strategy and tactics to achieve annual profit plan and long-term strategic plan goals and objectives. This role leads and implements Eaton Business System, especially in applying the tools and processes of Eaton Business System to deliver the business results. Interface with sales organization to ensure internal/external customer needs are met. The plant manager will maintain a workforce for highly motivated employees with a morale that is conducive to performance being measured at or above minimum acceptable levels, drive performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals.
- Develop and execute initiatives to measure and improve key business drivers (i.e., Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Productivity, Inventory, Growth, Profitability and Development of People) consistent with the Eaton Business System, Eaton Values and Philosophy.
- Review and execute competitive, long and short-term business plans for the product line which include dynamic market strategies, upgrading engineering and manufacturing technologies, as well as organizational restructuring.
- Develop and maintain compliance with the plant Quality Management plan and maintain ISO Certification.
- Develop existing plant human resources to maximize value added per employee while assuring compliance to all federal, state, and corporate regulations concerning EEO, AAP, OSHA and EPA.
- Maintain and maximize the utilization of the corporate assets of plant building and grounds, machine tools, process equipment, computer systems and material inventories.
- Develop effective communications and spirit of teamwork between the plant operation and field sales, customers, other division plants and the division staff. Fosters an environment which promotes Eaton’s business goals, encourages continuous improvement, and builds customer relationships.
- Develop and implement plans to enhance the quality of work life within the plant by assuring that open channels of communication exist with employees; participative employee teams are cultivated and trained; and clean, safe working conditions are maintained.
- Assure compliance with established accounting practices for the control and reporting of financial performance.
- Plan and direct facilities investments to improve productivity and provide production capacity consistent with sales volume objectives. Accountable for the day-to-day decisions that directly impact the quality, delivery, inventory, productivity and profitability of the overall plant.
- Proactively lead inclusion and diversity improvement initiatives. Select, develop and appraise plant staff level personnel. Attract, select, develop, train, coach, appraise and motivate managers and other personnel for key staff positions at the facility.
- Represent the corporation in community service and professional organizations.
- Demonstrated competencies in line with Eaton’s Leadership Model
- Experience within the electrical industry with background in operations, technical/product marketing, or, sales along with prior supervision and leadership experience.
- Thorough understanding of financial practices and financial statements including: capital equipment analysis; cost accounting; budgeting; project cost analysis; maintenance analysis and organizational techniques
- Proven ability and successful track record of growing sales, profits, leading operations, and delivering quantitative & qualitative results.
- Demonstrated experience in creating, developing and executing short and long-term strategic plans and effective implementation across cross functional & electrical businesses.
- Demonstrated ability to build, communicate and execute a vision for strategic and operational change and will also possess excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
- Accomplished in meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Strong understanding of markets, segments, and channel relationships.
- Establishes and implements effective strategies; measures effectiveness, has strong business and financial acumen; understands all segments and how they interact.
- Eaton Business System experience or experience with execution of similar business system
- Minimum of 10 years of managing people in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus, Long Term Incentive and complete benefits
- This position is based in our Arden, NC location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time