Eaton’s Fuel Motion Control Systems Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor for 3rd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
This is a 3rd shift position which covers the working hours of 11:30p.m. – 7:00a.m. Arrival prior to shift change for a hand over briefing is required.
The Jackson facility has approximately 550
employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery
of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global
aftermarket and OEM markets.
The Manufacturing Supervisor (Assembly Areas) manages and leads a team of hourly employees responsible for assembly and test of hydraulic pumps, motors, and motor pumps new and repaired.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide strong leadership to meet or exceed daily and monthly production goals around Safety, Quality, On-Time Delivery and Productivity. Drive accountability by setting daily goals and reinforcing company’s policies and guidelines.
- Champion the implementation of Lean activities and continuous improvement to eliminate waste opportunities of key processes and effective management of plant assets through leadership of maintenance and facilities resources.
- Train and develop team members as well as providing oversight and coaching to other team members. Schedule production work order releases and work in progress to meet stated goals for capacity utilization, on time delivery, and cost.
- Manage priorities on shared resources to achieve the business needs and prepare and deliver periodic reports to plant leadership for team performance. Support yearly business plan for the A&T and Repair Station departments. Be accountable for the utilization of manpower, materials and assembly and test equipment and relevant support equipment within assigned activities.
- Work closely with appropriate functions to ensure smooth production of assembly and test as well as repair station operations. Collaborate with Accounting, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance, and other plant groups, as necessary to obtain or provide assistance, coordinate efforts, expedite resolution of problem situations, etc.
- Participate in the development and installation of plant policies, procedures and methods. Provide recommendations and information generated by current and anticipated business conditions and provide and maintain effective communication within the organization.
- Maintain and administer Overtime boards to ensure accuracy and consistency and manage within the guidelines of all regulatory requirements (e.g. FAA regulations).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a supervisor of people.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the Jackson, MS facility to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in the Aerospace Industry.
- Experience working in Repair Station or Aerospace assembly environment.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
- A&P Certification.
- Union Environment Experience.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time