Eaton’s Cooper Lighting division is currently seeking a National Channel Director to join our team.
The National Channel Director is responsible for:
The growth of our sales with our electrical wholesale Buying Group channel nationally and within the 5 US regions.
- Develops and implements strategic growth plans and programs with Cooper Lighting Solutions nationally for the buying group members in concert with Product, Marketing and Field Sales management objectives.
- Responsible for managing all corporate rebate and buying group relations in the 5 US regions as well as developing all annual scheduling and planning.
- Serves as the primary corporate Cooper Lighting Solutions contact with local and regional channel member partners.
- Coordinates and drive Cooper Lighting Solutions sales and marketing initiatives across the buying group members.
- Serves as the primary lead for buying group members with the integration of all our 5 US regions national account, enterprise and ESCO opportunities to maximize overall effectiveness.
- Drives and acts as a consultant to the sales leadership team in the development and implementation of the Cooper Lighting Solutions buying groups growth plans nationally.
- Provides strategic direction with our buying groups member partners in conjunction with our 5 US regional selling teams.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V.. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, Signify N.V. will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 7 years of prior experience with industrial sales, sales management and channel development
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering
- Strong understanding of business fundamentals and financials.
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Product knowledge, market knowledge and established customer relationships
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time