Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Maintenance Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Vicksburg, MS facility.
The Maintenance Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep our facilities and equipment. The individual will be responsible for leading maintenance systems, overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process and executing long-term strategic plans.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Ensure a safe work environment at all times. Safety leader implement and manage safety policies and procedures for the department and the plant. Able to guide techs and engineers on PLC trouble-shooting and development.
- Schedule, train, supervise and motivate employees for the maintenance department.
- Prepare designs and specifications and estimates costs for internal or contracted renovations, modifications, expansions, or installation of plant facilities and utilities. Establish preventative maintenance and service programs, procedures, and record systems in order to audit the performance of the services.
- Develop and maintains a program for efficient production and use of power, water, and gas; provide instructions and procedures to ensure the program’s continued usefulness.
- Provide engineering and cost advice about plant facilities related to the short – and long – range needs of the business.
- Coordinate work performed by outside vendors. Ensure efficient repair schedules and review repair cost estimates. Prioritize the maintenance and repairs of company equipment and parts.
- Control and monitor MRO and spare parts inventory. Assures compliance with federal, state, and local insurance ordinances, regulations, and codes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Maintenance Manager role.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of the Vicksburg, MS facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma.
- Experience with Controls and PLC maintenance.
- Experience in a Union environment.
- Experience in working with PM software (MaintainPRO, Maximo).
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Strong knowledge of simple and medium jig/tool design in order to improve work-station ergonomics.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics.
- Able to trouble-shoot PLC’s.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, you will be eligible to participate in Signify N.V.’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that Signify N.V’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time