If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a(n) Lead System Engineer in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shanghai, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Contribute to system level definitions and algorithm requirements to meet product performance and reliability requirements. Define and improve systems engineering standards and processes, contribute to industry technical papers and conferences.
· Calibrate energy efficiency and performance strategies and perform physical modeling. Use simulation tools to efficiently perform design iterations and optimization.
· Utilize problem solving skills to improve system performance and reliability of the HEV/EV system.
· Utilize FMEA process to enhance design robustness. Contribute to continued enhancement of architecture to support additional product features.
· Perform validation and verification test plans at a unit, sub-system and vehicle level to fully validate requirements. Analyze vehicle data from test and customer vehicles to investigate, identify, and resolve issues and performance complaints.
· Perform/support vehicle modeling and simulation activities to predict performance and impact due to hardware variability. Support prototype and production OEM vehicle integration and development efforts.
· Conduct customer meetings to understand specific architecture, requirements for their specific application. Requires coordination with regional sales team.
· 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant technical field from a nationally accredited university or college.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in systems engineering for hybrid or electric vehicle products (Inverter, OBC $DCDC).
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills in mechanical and electrical systems.
· Good understanding of vehicle drivetrain/powertrain systems.
· Strong communication skills with ability to interface directly with external partners, suppliers, and both internal and external customers.
· Good experience with High voltage systems
· Good oral English and presentation skill
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SZ1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time