If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Power Electronics Expert in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shanghai, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· You will lead power electronics development programs in accordance to the technology and product roadmaps of the eMobility business
· You will generate product requirements specifications in coordination with the customer(s), for the design and development new and innovative products
· You will investigate and analyze new materials, components, technologies, applications and their appropriate use within our product lines
· You will conduct testing of all new products through systematic process to validate product requirements
· You will provide supervision and support to internal and external design resources when appropriate (e.g. PCB layout, software development, other engineers, test laboratories)
· You will establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with key customers and vendors
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in related field
· Experience with CAD tools: schematic capture, circuit and behavioral simulation- for example (SPICE, Simplis, Ansys, Altium, Matlab/Simulink) PCB layout and design
· Experience with Wide-Bandgap semiconductors (SiC/GaN)
· Experience with automotive, commercial vehicle or off highway equipment markets
· Functional Safety- ISO26262
· PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field
· Experience with model-based design methods a plus
· Good understanding of commercial vehicle markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required
· Experience with power electronics for vehicle applications
· Experience with designing for EMI/EMC
· Firmware design experience
· Experience with DFSS and DFx practices: Manufacturing, Test, Repair, Quality, etc.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SZ1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time