- Deliver new product development tasks or sub-projects with guidance and supervision;
- Lead and deliver Valuable Engineering projects following NPI procedure;
- Develop, validation, maintains, supports design process and focus on concept design, drawings, specifications and BOM;
- Perform detailed mechanical parts of low power electronics and other power distribution products utilizing Solidworks;
- Conduct detailed analysis of tolerance stacks to ensure efficient assembly and reliable product performance;
- Prepare for and participates in formal and informal design review activities;
- Develop product test plans and work closely with technicians or outside lab resources to implement and review testing activities;
- Interface with and provide technical support for customers, plant, quality, and supplier personnel;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years minimum experience in new product development;
- Working experience in the design of injection molded plastics, die casting and sheet metal preferred
- Background in TS/ISO 16949 quality systems preferred.
- Background in automobile or electrical industry preferred.
- Capability on communications and team work with cross function team.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time