Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Searcy, AR facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, and Supply Chain Management. This position will have a special focus on control of non-conforming product systems, process control, change control, and gage calibration/control.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Provide Quality Engineering support and guidance in Supplier Quality using (WISPER) Worldwide Interactive Supplier Performance Evaluation Reporting to interface with Suppliers to support measurement of their performance
- Gather factual data and lead 8D teams through Measure Analyze Improve and Control (MAIC) process to reduce scrap, rework and other waste.
- Lead and Perform internal and external audits to the ISO9001 and EQS standard.
- Often provide tactical supervision to quality technicians and lab technicians, as well as execution of a cross-training plan for Quality department, continued development of the team’s skills and competencies.
- Support EHS requirements for zero-incident culture for the work environment
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum four (4) years’ work experience in a quality or manufacturing engineering role within a production environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Six (6) years of experience in a quality role within a production environment
- Previous experience with complex casting machining
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Experience utilizing quality tools such as 8D, A3, 5Y, Fishbone Diagram
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time