Eaton’s Electrical Product Group, Crouse Hinds Division is currently seeking a District Sales Manager-NorthWest to join our team.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for:
The development and realization of the Northwest Region District sales plan. To achieve this, the individual will develop and execute a Regional Operating Plan (ROP) built on input from their sales representatives, agents, channel partners and end-users that focuses on growth from EPC/buying agent activities, channel conversions, specification influence and New Product Introduction (NPI) opportunities.
The role is responsible for managing a customer base, sales resources, products and channels to market to achieve planned results while leading the district sales team and manufacturer rep agencies. To this extent, this individual will provide leadership and development to outside sales professionals and distributor channels. For these reasons, this individual will draw heavily upon close business and personal relationships with top decision makers at these accounts to sell the Eaton Crouse-Hinds package of products and services.
Possessing technical product expertise with a specification mindset to impact end-user buying and specification documents on both existing and new product introductions is required. Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds business features a broad portfolio of electrical construction products most frequently used in non-residential construction, energy extraction processing, oil & gas, transportation and power generation markets. Products include end use conduit bodies, expansion/deflection fittings, cable & cord terminators; cable glands, conduit unions, reducers, elbows, connectors, conduit outlet and switch boxes; junction boxes, cast enclosures for circuit protection devices, switches, motor starters, control devices, instruments; enclosed power and lighting panelboards; enclosed and protected lighting fixtures including LED and connected IoT technologies; heavy duty electrical plugs, receptacles, connectors, intrinsically safe isolators and barriers and hazardous area communication devices. All are in variations suitable for heavy and abusive service applications, and for use in wet, dirty, dusty corrosive, flammable or explosive environments.
- Develop Northwest Region District sales plan to obtain a greater share of market.
- Possess a specification mindset and technical focus that will impact end-user buying and spec documents for both existing and new product introductions.
- Lead and participate in North America key growth initiatives as they relate to the territory
- Direct the selling activities of each salesperson in the District to ensure performance of all sales plans, projects, and activities
- Analyze and evaluate the performance of all distribution in the District including a strategic channel plan, taking appropriate action to increase sales through distributor conversion activities
- Work with product line managers to investigate, sell and provide voice of customer feedback on all new product and market possibilities
- Recommend to the Vice President, Region Sales and the Vice President, Sales with respect to policies and procedures to improve the efficiency of the District and the Division.
- Inform the Vice President, Region Sales and the Vice President, Sales on business and competitive conditions in the District in order that immediate action may be taken.
The District Sales Manager position will be located in the Northwest region.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum Seven (7) years of electrical industry sales, engineering, and/or marketing experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the NorthWest territory will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 7+ years of electrical industry sales experience
- Prior experience managing people
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time