Eaton's Energy Automation Solutions Division is looking for a Senior Test Engineer. This position is located at our Levis office in Quebec.
Seeking a highly motivated, experienced engineer to join our Production Test Engineering group. This team creates robust, automated test platforms to validate our highly configurable product offering. Product families include Automated Meter Infrastructure, Demand Response, Substation Automation and Line Sensors. EAS production occurs at Contract Manufacturing (CM) facilities located throughout North America. The function reports in to the EAS Operations group.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The Energy Automation Solutions division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability solutions that includes self-healing grid, communicating sensors, substation automation, system planning, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency in support of grid modernization. The EAS business primarily serves global utility customers and, in some markets, commercial industrial, and renewable energy markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, and its market recognized Yukon and CYME Software Platforms. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we, as individuals and as a company, are stronger.
- Collaborate closely with HW, FW and Manufacturing teams for DFT and definition of test strategy with emphasis on automation.
- Automated Test System Development:
- Design and procurement of advanced automated test systems for electronic designs at PCBA and final assembly levels.
- Creation of TestStand and LabVIEW software with emphasis on code that is documented, structured, maintainable and reusable.
- Manage quote, vendor selection, and procurement activities for equipment builds.
- Data-driven statistical methodologies (Cpk, Ppk, GRR, etc.) for system validation, release and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaboration with, and mentorship to, CM engineering for support of existing test system base (100+ systems) both remotely and on-site at CM as required. Travel required up to 25%.
- Sustaining engineering efforts to optimize test systems. Yield improvements, failure mode elimination, cycle time reductions, capacity planning, etc.
- Electrical safety site responsible person.
- Coordinate with Operations, Engineering, EHS, and other functions to improve, implement, and sustain electrical test safety.
- Responsible for action plans.
- Aid in decision of sourcing the process of risk reduction and/or remediation internally and with third party combination thereof.
- Stay up to date on Standards, Codes, Eaton Electrical Policies as it pertains to your site.
- DEC Diploma or Bachelors of Science in a technical field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a test or systems design engineer working on electrical systems.
- Experience with Design for Test and Manufacturing, PCBA Functional Test, Assembly Test.
- National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand experience
- Fluent in English and French.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Relocation is not being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within an 80km radius of Levis, Quebec will be considered.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering field from an accredited institution.
- NI Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer and Certified TestStand Developer.
- Experience in design for test safety to class 3 or 4
- Familiarity with RF, power electronics and computer architecture using X86 and ARM processor.
- SQL/MySQL database knowledge.
- IT experience
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Driven individuals with ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Candidates must have strong English and French communication skills for reporting of technical details or issues in a clear, effective manner.
- Position requires the ability to be periodically on the manufacturing floor for an extended period of time. (May vary from a few days to a week.)
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport for international travel.
- Strong troubleshooting skills required for both electronic designs and test systems.
- Ability to read, evaluate, and interpret internal specification documents and develop a comprehensive manufacturing test plan.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time