If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Helps assist in defining test strategy, develops detailed test plans, specifications, test cases, and test data sets that validate functional, performance, and load test requirements and update existing test procedures based on requirement changes and test analysis.
- Develops, execute, and maintain extensible automated tests; skillsets in Python, Java, C# required.
- Designs and implements robust, scalable, high quality Test Automation Suites within a Continuous Integration and Deployment environment to improve quality and productivity of functional, regression, and system tests.
- Analyze test results, and identify, document, and report root causes for test failures by working with the development team and the defect tracking system.
- Participates in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents; interacts with Management, Architects, and other Leads in a one-to-one or one-to-many meeting format
- Identifies opportunities for process, tools, and test methodology improvements, and drives those from concept to implementation.
- Generate ideas and innovative solutions which will provide competitive edge to business products.
- Ability to drive QA test automation with a team of engineers both locally and remote.
- Contribute to team’s technical growth by engaging in technical discussion.
- Search for technologies which would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost.
- Communicates technical concepts and information to internal staff/peers and stakeholders; strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering in Electronics/Electrical
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in Software development & Test or Test tool development with proven trackrecord of validating high quality products.
- 5+ years of development experience in Python or other scripting language;2+ years in other object oriented languages such as Java, C#, etc.
- Experience with creating and defining test plans and test cases forembedded and application software for real time controls at system level.
- Worked on defining and implementing System Automation Test Framework for 2+projects.
- Proficient understanding of Source Control software and Code Collaborationtools (Git, SVN, etc.); experience with Issue and Project Tracking software(JIRA, TFS, QA Complete etc.).
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development lifecycle.
- Proficient in Data Driven testing approaches.
- Experience developing software testing harness/tools for Linux environmentsand Windows applications; experience writing integration tests for ContinuousIntegration and Deployment frameworks.
- Experience with SCADA communication Protocols (DNP, MODBUS, IEC61850 etc.)
- Strong understanding of switchgear products like reclosers and relays.
- Thorough understanding of automation frameworks and RESTful Web API testing.
- Extensive experience with JUnit, Pytest, TestNG, MSTest or similar buildand unit testing frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Problem solving skills, Working in ambiguity, process management
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only