Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Lead Power Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing power electronics circuits, platforms, and systems for power conversion and circuit protection applications. This position requires a strong understanding of modern power converter topologies, including resonant DC-DC converters, multi-level inverters.
Your key deliverables :
• Lead power electronics design and development activities and demonstrate start-finish ownership for the assigned tasks;
• Perform design, modelling, simulation and development of power electronics, including analog and digital electronics, for power conversion and circuit protection;
• Develop technical requirements for the designs, create technical reports and presentations;
• Build and measure test circuits, analyze data to improve/optimize the design in terms of performance, size, cost, manufacturability, and reliability;
• Collaborate with and support mechanical, PCB layout, and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the designs.
• Bachelor´s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent;
• Minimum 5 years in power electronics engineering work including graduate level academic power electronics engineering work;
• Significant modelling, simulation and analysis experience using tools like Matlab/Simulink, SPICE, and/or PLECS;
• Proven hands-on experience with power converter development and testing.
• Master´s degree or PhD in electrical engineering or equivalent with focus on power electronics;
• Strong knowledge of power semiconductors, power electronics passive components (e.g. high-frequency magnetics, power capacitors, etc.), state-of-the-art cooling techniques;
• Experience with modern converter topologies, specifically isolated DC-DC converters (e.g. resonant, phase shifted full bridge, dual active bridge), multi-level inverters;
• Thorough understanding of PCB layout and EMC/EMI design practices, of voltage clearance/creepage requirements, insulation and interconnection techniques.
What Eaton offers:
• Team of professionals, opportunity to learn and practice new technologies,
• Focus on technology and innovation instead of struggling with burreau typical for corporate environment,
• Roomy offices, good canteen, space for your creativity, ping pong, and others,
• Annual bonus, multisport card, home office, cycling, sport friendly environment and much more.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time