Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
More from us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZfovyFZcY
This Project Manager (PM) is responsible to ensure the successful delivery of major projects for strategic customers. Working as an integral part of the Swedish team, the PM will work from a local (or home) base and frequently travel to / work at customer sites for extended periods. The role requires a dedicated, highly motivated, self-starter who is comfortable and capable at communicating and working with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Your key deliverables:
• Directly manage and/or support key projects from sales handover through to practical completion
• Manage as needed technical aspects to meet customer specifications and timelines for products, documentation, and quality
• Ensure early identification, asses and manage risk (commercial, technical, scope & timing) throughout project. mentation, and quality
• Understand and manage scope and timing of projects to ensure variations result in clear change orders and that projects meet or exceed expected project margins
• Coordinate and manage sub-contractors and Eaton teams to ensure correct resources are available for smooth project delivery without unneeded costs
• Proactively provide the highest level of customer service, communicate to, and ensure alignment for both external and internal stakeholders
• Develop solid business relationships with clients based on professional, service mindset, personal integrity, and exemplifying Eaton values
• Understand and provide required milestone updates to sales and finance to allow accurate revenue and margin forecasting
• Continually identify ways to improve the way Eaton execute projects and share learning. This may involve developing new initiatives and recommending better ways to work based on analysis and learning on sites as well as overall customer trends.
What we are looking for:
• Technical degree with a preference toward electrical engineering
• Site Safety Management qualification is a merit
• Proven Project Management skills and experience. Formal certification such as PMP Certification, CAPM, Prince 2, ITIL or other is a merit
• Relevant years working in project management environment or equivalent experience
• Strong IT skills and digitally comfortable using Eaton's tools.
• Knowledge of Construction, Design and Management (CDM)
• Project Management of major capital equipment (ideally electrical) and experience in commercial construction and/or Data Centers
• Proven track record of achieving objectives and solving problems. Financial acumen. Strong collaboration and interpersonal (influencing skills). Ability to travel. Fluent English. Intercultural awareness.
• High level of personal integrity and ethics and commitment to “doing business right.”
• Safety mindset and the fortitude to STOP unsafe practices even when that could impact other important deliverables
• Valid driver's license
What we offer:
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
• At Eaton, promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services.
Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time