- Provide field service engineering, technical assistance, scheduling and sales support direction to FSR’s and customers in areas of installation, testing, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution equipment.
- Responsible to self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment.
- Deliver technical solutions to customers.
- Performs less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations.
- Mentor less experienced technicians.
- Provide technical training.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering/Technology from an accredited institution OR Journeyman (309A) Electrician
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 120 kilometer radius of the Sudbury, ON facility will be considered.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems preferred.
- Experience in performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis preferred.
- Experience in protective relays preferred.
- Bilingual in French/English is an asset, not required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Understanding of the company’s and competitor’s electrical, electronic and mechanical products.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time