Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Credit Supervisor to join our team in Moon Township, PA!
Maximize profit for the corporation by minimizing the investment of accounts receivable through increased collection efficiency and reduced delinquent receivables. Ensure bad debt losses are maintained at the lowest practical levels through effective monitoring of financial condition of existing customers.
Supervise, mentor, and develop a 5 - 6 staff of credit personnel for National accounts/customers. Analyze, develop and improve credit & collection processes in order to ensure the most effective corporate-wide control of accounts receivable. Review and approve financial statements for customers to which Eaton sells directly. In addition, provide recommendations to the credit manager for the national and super-regional customer accounts. Manage, communicate and enforce the corporate credit policies and procedures with credit employees, internal and external customers
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop, implement, sustain and improve credit and collection processes and procedures on an ongoing basis. Facilitate cross-functional projects in order to improve the order to cash cycle within Electrical.
- Provides recommendations/communications to divisions/plants, sales, order management/customer service, accounting, operations, and general management on credit goals, objectives, processes & procedures\
- Monitor and reduce financial risk of domestic receivable portfolio in excess of $530M and advises Eaton management of potential bad debt or collection opportunities in a timely manner.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with each team member with regards to performance and development opportunities. Performs employee mid-year and annual performance assessments and counsels personnel on development needs.
- Mentor, train, coach, and develop department employees and provide guidance to help increase their performance against goals related to aged receivables, collections efficiency, percent past due. Provide guidance on forecasting and strategies to execute efficient collections of receivables.
- Drive efficiency improvements through available systems.
- Implement and improve processes and operational procedures of the National Channel team. This includes, but is not limited to accounts receivables, system billings, sales, customer service, new customer set up and accounting.
- Analyze financial statements and reviews credit reports to support extension of credit and recommends strategies for creative credit solutions. Approve all credit limits up to $1M. Prepare analysis and provide recommendations to senior management on credit limits over $1M. Assist team members with making timely decisions with limited information, while reducing risk to Eaton.
- Conduct both internal and external customer meetings and problem resolution sessions. This includes, but is not limited to, receivables issues, process improvement opportunities, internal cross-functional teams, risk mitigation meetings and human resource related issues.
- Prepare and conduct presentations at marketing/sales meetings, customer meetings, department meetings and training workshops to improve communication and customer relationships internally and externally.
- Support the preparation and communication of reports to division financial personnel to assist with driving improvement in DSO, aged receivables and cash flow. Provide data to support receivables issues related to invoices that are delayed for payment or suspense items.
- Manage and drive cross-functional teams to ensure that we develop positive partnerships with internal customers such as (but not limited to) sales, customer service, accounts receivables and IT.
- Assist with assimilation of new acquisitions into the Eaton Electrical credit processes.
- Ensure CCFS is in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley policies. Review policies annually to ensure accuracy and assist with any audits and/or reviews of our policies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of credit and collection experience and/or accounting/financial analyst
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business or related from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of Dun & Bradstreet credit reports
- Risk analysis
- Supervisory Experience
- Letter of credit and other export credit security and knowledge
- Legal and security claim knowledge
- Order Management and Accounts Receivable Systems' Skills
- PowerPoint presentation skills
- Microsoft Office, Internet, and related computer skills
- Autonomous decision-making
- Interact effectively and professionally with business owners and executives
- Understand the Eaton Electrical “quote to cash” cycle
- Significant negotiating skills
- Effective writing and communication skills
- Public speaking skills
- Commercial sensitivity, business acumen, and good judgement
- Customer service skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Project management skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time