Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Senior Planner to join our team.
This position is based at our Camarillo, California facility.
The Senior Planner exhibits expertise in planning practices for production and leads others to ensure customer orders are completed on time at the lowest possible cost. Manages and identifies areas for improvement in the following areas: planning/shop floor scheduling, tools, shortage resolution, expedites, customer requests, manufacturing efficiency, and capacity management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Execute MRP and the timely creation of shop orders to satisfy customer demand, achieve desired stocking levels and maintain flow of work on the factory floor
- Support level-load production as required to address bottlenecks
- Communicate and coordinate with production supervisors and purchasing teams to ensure schedule adherence and recovery if required.
- Assess shortages by work order and/or customer order and communicate to Production Management and Customer Service
- Review and maintain SAP data integrity inclusive of routings and bill of material accuracy.
- Communicate frequently and proactively with customer service teams to meet or exceed customer expectations and establish effective relationships.
- Track progression of production orders, investigate factors that affect schedules, and modify plans as necessary
- Champion lead time reduction projects.
- Maintain all planning-related MRP parameters.
- Lead capacity evaluation and proactively communicate capacity bottlenecks to Production Management.
- Inform management of potential production problems and assist in the implementation of both short and long term solutions.
- Assess forecasted demand to ensure safety stock and strategic inventory levels on finished goods are maintained
- Perform planning functions required to achieve the timely and successful launch of new products and coordinate with other Eaton sites to ensure timely support of their production lines with sub level components
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in applicable functional discipline from an accredited university
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in supply chain or operations environment within manufacturing
Must have at least one (1) year of planning experience working in SAP
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Camarillo, CA to be considered.
Worked in Aerospace Plants or experience with Engineer to order production or low volume high mix production
Advanced excel capabilities
SAP Super User
Experience writing and using BW reporting in SAP
Expert knowledge in work order management, scheduling, production, capacity planning
Bill of Materials (BOM) management, item master setup, MRP principles
Provide impacts on ECN changes
Possess excellent problem-solving skills in complex and demanding situations that undergo continuous priority changes
Experience presenting to senior level managers
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Experience in both individual and team-based project planning and leadership.
High level of ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal.
Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary to meet project requirements.
Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of individuals in a multi-tasking environment.
Team oriented problem solving skills and corrective action methodology. Strong knowledge and understanding of engineering principle and practices.We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No