Eaton’s Commercial Residential and Distribution Solutions Division is seeking an Accounting Manager for its Satellite Business Unit. The Accounting Manager will be based in Charlotte, NC.
Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Accounting Manager will lead accounting, financial reporting and planning functions for the satellites business unit. This role reports to the business unit controller.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Manage all accounting and finance functions for assigned ledger including managerial responsibilities of business unit financial analyst personnel and building capability of the finance function for the organization through others.
- Execute month end closing of the P&L, balance sheet reconciliation and other financial reporting responsibilities for assigned ledgers.
- Facilitate cyclical financial activities: monthly rolling forecasts, cost rollup, variance analysis and commentary, quarterly physical inventory, annual profit plan, cost savings plans.
- Enable strategic operations decision making through reporting / forecasting, budgeting, financial management coaching / enablement, and development of business tools.
- Analyze performance data and work closely the business unit leadership team and controller to recommend actions to consistent performance and growth.
- Ensure business unit compliance of all financial activities (SOX, GAAP, Eaton Financial Compliance, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in an accounting and/or finance function
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Experience with global supply chain and/or sourcing
- Experience working for large, multinational manufacturing organization
- Strong leadership abilities experienced in working in a matrix managed environment.
- Strong analytical skills, advanced Excel user
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only