Eaton’s BL/CH/O&G (EPNA) is currently seeking a CI/OPEX engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Troy, IL facility.
This position is responsible to actively contribute and execute actions in an agile project management framework based on the strategic vision laid out the site CI manager.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Collect data and analyze usage to make right sizing raw material recommendations
- Partner with Manufacturing group to develop PQPR to feed into developing VSM’s
- Assist with maintenance and follow up of PTDB (Diagonal) update and follow up stake holders
- Develop and implement project plans to achieve Future State
- Plan, execute and manage prep activities leading to OpA
- Assist employees training and development on lean concepts
- Drive improvements in Safety, People, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory (High 5 Metrics)
- Act as a safety role model, taking initiative to make improvements, demonstrating a commitment to making safety a priority
- Lead Tier Board monthly trend update
- Execute LEAN tools with the CI managers strategic direction
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in engineering
- Senior standing
- Minimum GPA of a 3.0 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only applicants located within 50 miles of Troy, IL will be considered for this position.
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects
- Excel programming experience (macros/VBA)
- Minimum 1 year of experience in manufacturing environment
- Minimum 1 year of lean or continuous improvement experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to lead others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of product line
- Solid time and change management skills to meet production demands
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using reasoning and decision-making skills to ensure quality work.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Strong organizational, presentation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to work safely and achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Strong skills in training other people
- Self-motivated person
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time