If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Analyst - QA (Industry 4.0 / Thingworx) in Eaton’s IT Business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Key member of dynamic Global QA team working as a part of cross-functional enterprise IT project teams
• Evaluate and test new or modified functionalities according to user requirements and conform to established standards
• Independently perform project and testing governance related activities including review of requirements, test artifacts, creation and distribution of test reports for assigned projects
• Effectively collaborate with software developers, project managers, database administrators, Business Analysts, Architects in a rapid software development environment to deploy quality products on time
Your essential responsibilities include:
• Review and analyze the functional and non functional requirements for applications based on PTC Thingworx platform
• Define and execute test strategies, plans, estimations
• Hold and/or facilitate test strategy / test case reviews with cross-functional teams
• Create and review traceability matrix between requirements and testing artifacts and ensure optimum test coverage
• Create, review and maintain manual and/or automated test cases/scripts, test data and execute test cases/scripts
• Contribute in impact analysis for regression testing
• Identify, log defects and participate in defect triaging
• Identify and raise the potential risk and issues in time
• Create and distribute QA status reports, test closure reports
• Capture data for standard QA metrics
• Make effective use of Eaton standard processes and tools for testing activities
• Build and share domain/technical knowledge across the team/group
• Participate in Continuous improvement initiatives related to processes or policies impacting QA for the applications/projects/enterprise.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Masters in Computer applications with about 4-7 years of QA experience in Industry 4.0 / Smart Factories / IIOT
• Experienced on Robot framework / Selenium and Java for Web Applications.
• Experienced on PTC Thingworx platform or a similar platform
• Experience of test management tools like HP ALM or JIRA.
Sound knowledge of Jenkis, Git, Maven, Cucumber
• Well-versed with Software Lifecycle concepts like SDLC, STLC and Defect Management.
• Experienced in Agile/SCRUM methodologies
• Worked with cross functional and regional/global teams
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Good functional understanding of Industry 4.0 concepts and related technologies
• Good communication and interpersonal skills with experience of direct stakeholder involvement
• Demonstrate high drive for results and self-learning, Self-motivated attitude
• Testing, testing tools related certification is a plus
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time