Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Production Shift Lead on 1st Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Aurora location.
This role works 5:00am - 3:30pm Mon - Thur with the opportunity for overtime.
The primary function of the Production Shift Lead is to work as part of the assembly team to ensure that daily production, quality, and safety goals are met. The Shift Lead is responsible for OTTC, efficiency, and placement of the assembly team on the lines under the direction of the Supervisor. This role will act as a coach/mentor to other associates and functions as a technical trainer and safety advocate to ensure safety is in the forefront and that the team performs the work in a safe manner. The Production Shift Lead monitors and trains employees assigned to their area to ensure quality and efficiency of orders being produced.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Assemble, wire, inspect, test and package fixtures via an assembly line or work-cell process.
- Enter complete and accurate work order information as required.
- Perform quality checks consistent with the inspection and control plans.
- Inventory/replenish parts to assembly stations.
- Use Kanban system to assure availability of parts.
- Maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner and maintain 5S.
- Work with various groups of employees in team based environment.
- Know and follow established job specific and site wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention and educate others on proper procedures to ensure a safe environment.
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities.
- Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Provide specified technical training regularly for new hires and transfers.
- Serve as an active coach/mentor for less experienced employees daily on technical, procedural and safety related items.
- Act in accordance with Eaton Values and Philosophies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
High School Diploma or GED from accredited institution
- 1 year manufacturing experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Aurora, CO will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
1+ year experience successfully leading a team of people
- SAP experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No