Eaton’s Industrial Plastics division is currently seeking a Extrusion Operator to join our 1st shift team. This position is based at our Williamsport, MD facility.
This position is responsible for producing a quality part efficiently. Eaton’s Industrial Plastics Division (IPD) provides custom complex profile plastic extrusions for a wide variety of customers and industries. Eaton's value-added fabrication such as length cutting, hole punching, texture, and tape backing for mounting applications provide customers with the capabilities to complete any production.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- You will produce quality parts at all times
- You will be responsible for equipment being used in process
- Reports malfunctions to Team Leader
- Keeps equipment clean
- Operates equipment safely and properly
- Returns equipment to its proper location when finished with it
- You will be able to set-up jobs utilizing set-up information including:
- Proper installation of dies, adapters, breaker plates and screen packs
- Proper screw and sheaves needed
- Cleaning screw installation
- Making sure material hopper is clean and correct material is staged for job
- Installation of correct downstream equipment
- Set-up of lines so that water leakage is minimized and all electrical connections are made according to safety standards
- You will be able to start up jobs and produce a quality part at rate in the time allotted for the job. Must maintain a quality part
- You will be able to properly shut down jobs including:
- Proper clean-up of all dies, adapters and extruders
- Looking after die boxes and QA boxes - making sure correct tooling and associated items are placed back in correct boxes
- Making sure die boxes and QA boxes are returned to proper location
- Taking necessary steps to leave extruder and downstream equipment ready for next job
- Conservation of energy and use of water at all times
- You will rotate shifts and work overtime as required
- You will produce a quality part efficiently.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum two years machine operator experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Williamsport, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Minimum two years extrusion experience
- Minimum two years working with plastics in a manufacturing environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No