Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Supplier Development Engineer.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assess supplier quality systems/manufacturing capabilities. Publish audit report outlining non-conformities, opportunities for improvement.
- You will be responsible for Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP), and on-going performance improvement of suppliers in terms of quality, delivery, lean, and operational alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants and SCM organization.
- You will work closely with suppliers, Eaton manufacturing plant, engineering, and supply chain organization in root cause analysis to provide and implement timely interim and permanent corrective actions.
- You will facilitate Supplier development and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval through ongoing coordination between suppliers, regional Supplier Development Engineers (SDEs), Plants, and Engineering division. Educate suppliers in Eaton supplier performance expectation per Eaton Supplier Excellence Manual (SEM).
- You will train suppliers in the deployment of quality systems tools and techniques such as 8D problem solving, Process Capability, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Control Plan, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and PPAP.
- You will educate suppliers in Eaton internal processes to achieve optimal alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants, engineering centers, and supplier chain organization.
- You will report monthly progress and be accountable for results and work as liaison between suppliers and internal functions/plants to clarify requirements, eliminate confusion, and improve definition of requirements.
- You will help plants, buyers, and supplier in the proper use of WISPER application and timely resolution of data integrity issues.
- Telecommuting is allowed. Requires domestic and international travel up to 75% of time for project execution and crisis management.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Global Business Management, or a directly related field plus four (4) years of experience in Quality, Supplier Quality and Supplier Development. Experience must include:
Four (4) years of experience must involve (may be gained concurrently):
Working in a manufacturing environment;
Experience with Aluminum Die Casting, Forging, High Precision CNC Machining, High Precision Turned parts, and Lapping;
Experience with key manufacturing processes, including Gray Iron/Ductile Casting;
Three (3) years of experience must involve (may be gained concurrently):
Demonstrating knowledge of quality systems, methods and practices, including auditing to industry quality system standards, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA and PPAP;
Two (2) years of experience must involve (may be gained concurrently):
Experience with Heat Training, Coating and Plating processes;
Hands-on experience in Lean deployment;
One (1) year of experience must involve (may be gained concurrently):
Experience using CQI Assessment;
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time