If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Lead Engineer- Cybersecurity based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
1.Drive Secure Development Lifecycle process across Eaton engineering teams.
2. Work with product and platform teams across Eaton to identify and design technical security architectures, solutions and controls specifically on cloud-based solutions
3. Work with technical leads in various organizations and oversee critical aspects of the software, firmware and hardware cybersecurity designs and implementations
4. Ensure that the implementation of cybersecurity aspects of our products and solutions are sound and that can scale to meet our customers’ need.
5. Lead verification efforts for cybersecurity implementation across the organization and work with third party certification agencies like UL, BSI and TUV to drive product certification
6. Evangelize and provide technical security trainings to software developers and test engineers across the organization and evangelizing the importance of cybersecurity in other functions like sales, services and product & project management.
7. Lead Eaton efforts in participating in industry technical cybersecurity standard and regulations discussions and reviews.
Specialized degree (Masters/PhD) in any stream of security preferred
8-10 years of experience
Experience spanning across all phases of Secure Product Development Lifecycle especially conducting architecture reviews, threat modeling, identifying security requirements, framing security policies and designing protection mechanisms with a consideration of Usabilty & User Experience.
Track record of architecting and building security solutions for IoT & cloud based systems
Solid understanding of security protocols (HTTPS, HSTS, TLS, SSH, Kerberos, 802.11 security, Bluetooth LE, Zigbee) and how they can be applied to industrial automation protocols (IEC 61850, DNP3,ICCP, Modbus, WirelessHART, CAN)
Understanding of cybersecurity standards and regulations (eg: NERC-CIP, IEC 62351, IEC 62443, NIST 800-53, UL 2900)"
Ability to work in and with multi-cultural and geographically dispersed teams
Ability to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams (legal, IT, product management, project management)
Ability to present to Eaton's engineering and business leadership
Be a technical mentor to other members of the team and beyond"
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only