Eaton’s Corporate Sector is currently seeking a Lead Analyst, GTM to join our team. This position can be based at any Eaton facility.
The Lead Analyst is primary responsible for day to day processing of export activity, maintaining various Trade reporting systems and related classification, trade authorizations, and record keeping mandated by the respective government agencies as appropriate to assigned business location(s).
This role function as the GTM expert and contributes to the development, implementation, and governance of international trade policies to ensure full compliance with US and international regulations regarding exporting of materials, goods, and technology.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Develop and deploy throughout assigned Business Units all applicable compliance processes and procedures in conjunction with various other functions within Eaton and external resources.
- Evaluate GTM Americas assign site(s) compliance status with various regulatory bodies including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms (ITAR); Export Administration Regulations (EAR); Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR); Customs and Border Protection (CBP); and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Undertake and independently investigate possible violations of international trade compliance regulations or policies or procedures; coordinate with the Legal department on communications with government requests for information, including assisting with government export audits and/or filing disclosures.
- Develop and execute strategic investigative plan to tight deadlines, involve multiple stakeholders, and collect and analyze various records.
- Communicate trade compliance related policy, procedures, and economic issues that affect Eaton’s operations
- Engage with Eaton site(s) senior leaders on strategies and initiatives that affect GTM and where trade matters may impact strategy.
- Provide regular reports to Corporate GTM and Division/Group leaders on the status of Eaton’s GTM program in the Americas Division, current initiatives, and outstanding GTM matters
- Support site(s) export compliance program including annual export site assessments/audits, foreign national employment reviews, site visitor requests, Technology Control Plans, export/import record keeping, license process, etc.
- Support compliance of jurisdiction and compliance of Eaton products (USML, CCL, Schedule B/HTS/Country of Origin).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in direct trade compliance
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of an Eaton US facility will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration or Mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years direct export compliance experience in military and dual use exports
- ITAR Empowered Official experience
- US Brokers License
- Ability to draft, submit, and manage export authorizations and/or experience with contracts or writing legal documents (e.g. audit results/reports)
- Ability to draft formal correspondence with government agencies
- Familiar with US government software (ACE and DTRADE)
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written word to all levels within the Division for management, including VP-GM and President level, functional staffs, line level employees and government officials.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and influencing capabilities
- Ability to think critically and strong problem-solving and project/program management skills
- Ability to be open to challenges, new ideas, and change
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time