Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Kiln Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Olean, NY facility.
The Kiln Operator utilizes knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform a variety of tasks in the production of metal oxide varistor (MOV) disks to be used in production of the Cooper Power Systems arrestor product lines. Specifically, this position has responsibility over the thermal treatment of MOV disks in the production process. Maintains standards of quality, production, and safety; complies with all company policies and works as part of a team to ensure that daily goals are met.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Work under limited supervision to set up and operate all kilns, material handling systems from press through P.H. T. kilns, and collaring equipment.
- Test, record, and interpret required data.
- Be responsible for resolving most issues and difficulties, and periodic checks of thermocouples, heating elements, furniture, and equipment settings. Refer extreme difficulties to supervisor or manager.
- Cull disks and loads/unloads secondary disks on kiln furniture.
- Sift powder coming from the weigh batch area.
- Perform kiln changeovers when changing disk types. Will also perform preventative maintenance on kilns and equipment.
- Safely uses lift truck to move and load materials.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Olean, NY will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to use and interpret monitory devices such as timers, recorders, minometers, gauges, and electrical equipment.
- Ability to communicate problems in product or quality in to supervisor or manager clearly and concisely.
- Ability to multiply and divide to the decimal level.
- Ability to understand detailed procedures and methods.
- Ability to make calculations and work from formulas and specifications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No