Eaton’s Vehicle Division is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, NE facility.
The 2nd Shift Production Supervisor will be responsible for leading, facilitating and coordinating production activities and resources per established practices and/or policies within their job area to ensure the timely delivery of quality parts that meet or exceed customer expectations. In this role, the Production Supervisor will establish and maintain a positive employee relations environment by adherence to Eaton’s Values, Ethics and Philosophies. Clearly communicates expectations and consistently holds self and employees accountable for performance.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Proactively implements, promotes and maintains a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and rule enforcement.
- Coordinates, leverages and appropriately utilizes resources with other managers, such as maintenance, materials, scheduling, staffing, logistics, quality and engineering, to resolve production and manufacturing problems, improve processes, maximize efficient utilization of resources, and meet external and internal customer demands.
- Drives the company’s vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies throughout their area of responsibility. Aligns workforce to the company vision through Eaton Philosophy workplace practices and beliefs that build trust, mutual respect and teamwork between employees at all levels of the organization.
- Acts as a business partner by planning, initiating, leading, measuring, monitoring and assessing continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System (EBS) processes and problem solving tools such as ELS (Eaton Lean System) and 5S.
- Promotes a quality culture by demonstrating customer focus and regularly communicating customer feedback to employees in order to facilitate and participate in collaborative problem solving, drive continuous quality improvement and ensure alignment/compliance with industry standards.
- Maintains and reports accurate inventory and production numbers while continually seeking ways to reduce work in progress (WIP) inventory levels and maximizing product flow, while identifying and implementing cost out opportunities.
- Actively participates in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives and develops and maintains performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses those results as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within own work area. Coordinates and/or participates in continuous improvement teams in own or other areas to enhance plant results.
- Fully engages workforce and promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster innovation, and continuously learn, by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluation provided at least annually.
- Partners with Human Resources in APEX calibration process, selection, promotion, counseling and termination of employees using Eaton guidelines and policies.
- Acts as an agent of the company by positively communicating the policies, practices, changes and decisions of management while fairly and consistently applying policies and practices to all employees.
- Motivates and coaches employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results. Including actively participating in the focus factory team.
- Effectively confronts employee performance and behavioral issues. Holds employees accountable with immediate feedback when desired behaviors and expectations are not being achieved.
- Shows empathy towards employee issues by providing support, information, counseling and in appropriate situations acting as an employee advocate by raising issues with management. Follows through on commitments made to employees.
- Promotes employee development and potential through effective performance management and coaching and ensures that appropriate and required training is completed for direct reports so that they have the necessary skills, knowledge information and tools to do their jobs safely and effectively.
- Demonstrates an appreciation for similarities and individual differences and promotes a culture of inclusion that leverages the full potential of all employees.
- Promotes employee satisfaction and engagement and champions the continuous improvement of year-over-year results as measured by the employee satisfaction survey.
- Ensures that all direct reports are trained in the applicable environmental, health and safety practices for their respective positions. Identifies and corrects unsafe conditions or practices to assure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Participates on the Material Review Board, Staffing, MFR, PCR, SIOP and other work related meetings.
- Is a customer representative.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/Mfg. Field from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in production or manufacturing engineering.
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Prior experience reading engineering prints
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing team environment.
- Working knowledge of production processes, lean manufacturing and quality control techniques, 5S, Six Sigma, and Quality Systems (e.g. QS 9000, ISO 14001, TS 16949).
- Automotive industry experience.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only