Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our either our Arden, NC or Moon Township, PA site.
This position can be located in Arden, NC( Asheville, NC Area) or Moon Township, PA(Greater Pittsburgh area). This position provides pre and post sale call center technical support for power and energy meters, protective relays, software and communication products. Serves as a technical resource to customers and Electrical Group personnel for complex problems. Provides remote support to assist end users and field engineers with product installation, device configuration and data acquisition needs. Provides technical explanations, demonstration and training of products to customers, field engineering and marketing support functions. Assists in-house engineering and marketing personnel in suggesting concepts for new products or modification of existing devices.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide technical support for power quality and energy meters, protective relays, connectivity and software products also supporting services for internal and external organizational channels.
- Diagnose customer issues and identify appropriate resolution through multiple media outlets including phone, email and conference/in-person meetings.
- Maintain and update customer call tracker database (logs customer calls with respective resolutions, Open ,Close tickets)
- Provide efficient and accurate pre-sales application and technical support by analyzing and recommending solutions to meet customer’s needs including cross referencing competitive product
- Conduct hardware and software testing and research to duplicate and resolve customer issues
- Communicate with lead technical support engineers around customer status and issue and proactively communicate customer needs to the product line
- Continue professional development in preparation of technological advancements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associates Degree in Electrical, Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology/Technologists or Software Engineering from an accredited institution OR a G.E.D./High School Diploma with Military Experience working with electrical or electronic products
- Minimum two years experience in power systems or electronics
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Arden, NC or Moon Township, PA facilities will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Sponsorship is not provided. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without requiring future sponsorship.
- BS in Electrical, Software or Computer Engineering
- Prior Technical Support, Customer Service and/or Call Center experience
- Fluent in industrial Ethernet communications (e.g. Modbus TCP, BACnet/IP, SNMP, etc.)
- Fluent in industrial fieldbus communications (e.g. Modbus RTU, BACnet/MSTP, Profibus, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Basic understanding of electrical power distribution system and power quality concepts
- Basic understanding of operating systems, data bases, communications protocols (Modbus & BACnet) and networking concepts
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and team working skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to breakdown complex systems into simple terms easily understood by other
- Ability to adjust and tailor communication styles and technical breath for varying audiences
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot integrated hardware and software systems
- Hardware and software testing for customer issues for repeatability
- Communication within engineering team around customer status/issues
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Proven time management, organizational and documentation skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time