Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Product Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Act as Product Engineer for the high voltage capacitor product line. Supports and leads projects with cross-functional teams focusing on implementation of capacitor unit design enhancements, manufacturability, and cost-out initiatives. This position will also lead/ coordinate design automation efforts currently under way, as well as continually look for new automation opportunities. This position interfaces with R&D, purchasing, manufacturing, QA, marketing, sales, and the customer to provide customized design solutions for customer capacitor orders. Expectations are that this person has or will develop detailed design, manufacturing process, and application experience in the areas of high voltage reactive compensation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide technical support and design work to improve capacitor products which address performance improvements, quality and safety standards, simplify manufacturing and reduce costs consistent with requirements and limitations imposed by tooling, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with R&D to understand, develop, and implement capacitor design and manufacturing process enhancements into the manufacturing environment.
- Lead Engineering efforts on critical direct material cost-out projects, including idea development and project execution.
- Conduct Engineering analyses, including material specifications, effect of changes on meeting standards, and testing of functional models.
- Lead Design Automation efforts, coordinating with various development groups, to automate the design process from quotation to final engineering production.
- Develop and maintain all rule-sets required for Design Automation.
- Coordinate efforts under way utilizing low cost economy engineering resources to ensure accurate and timely design releases.
- Identify new methods to utilize low cost economy resources to ultimately reduce cost and lead time of our capacitor design processes.
- Process orders and design customer capacitor products in an engineered to order (ETO) environment in accordance with established practices and industry & company standards, including bills of material, detail/assembly, and customer drawings.
- Provide engineering design support for reactive power compensation equipment for proposals, customer projects, new product development (NPD) and Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) projects.
- Provides technical support to product marketing regarding sales inquiries, customer problems, equipment application, and engineering analysis.
- Ensures that performance and accuracy of equipment and testing is in accordance with industry and company standards. Assists in resolving testing issues for custom designs.
- Assists purchasing in finding and qualifying suitable vendors for critical components.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or graduating in December 2019 with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Demonstrated skills in engineering analysis and tool capabilities (Cad, FEA, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical analysis tools, etc…,) programming.
- Understanding of relevant industry standards and how they apply to the product.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong product testing, verification and validation skills.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Emphasis in Electric Power.
- Familiarity with programming concepts and algorithm development.
- Design and development of mechanical or electrical drawings in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership capability, experience in coordinating/completing complex projects on-time.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D & 3D.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time