Eaton’s Engineering Services & Systems division has an opening for a Power Systems Engineering Specialist in the Power Systems Engineering (PSE) group located in Laval, QC.
Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of power system engineers in the industry, with industry-standard software and advanced modeling and analysis capabilities at their fingertips. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to power system analysis and design. Active participation in technical societies such as IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our engineers are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: from substation and distribution system design to renewable energy and smart grid engineering, from safety and reliability-focused studies to power quality and grounding related audits and analyses.
The Power Systems Engineer’s responsibilities will involve power systems analysis, power quality measurements and audits, consulting and design services, troubleshooting and problem solving relative to power distribution equipment. In addition to our core engineering responsibilities, our engineers are intimately involved with customers from the onset of every project through the final on-site presentation and training. Our engineers operate with the mission of providing high quality support and solutions with a key emphasis placed on motivated lead times and sustained relationships with the Eaton Sales Team and end-users.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies, power quality analysis, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies, power quality analysis, installation, start-up, maintenance, repair and training.
- Self- management of assigned projects and job cost accountability to perform work within budgeted cost estimates.
- Performs engineering assignments that may involve power systems analysis, power quality measurements and audits, consulting and design services, troubleshooting, and problem solving relative to power distribution equipment.
- Focus on sort circuit, coordination, arc flash, load flow and power quality analysis.
- Interpret specifications and customer inquiries; design technical proposals and pricing for customers.
- May design and conduct specialized training for customers.
- May mentor or lead other engineers on projects.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Values and Philosophy, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Member of the OIQ (l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in power systems engineering work.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the use of SKM PTW, ETAP, EDSA, CYME, or EasyPower software.
- Candidate must have working proficiency in both English in French (oral and written).
- Only candidates currently residing within an 80km radius of Laval will be considered.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time