Eaton’s Hydraulics Headquarters is seeking a Senior Credit Analyst. The Senior Credit Analyst will be based at our Eden Prairie, MN location.
This position is responsible for managing key customer accounts, communicating and enforcing the corporate credit policies, and procedures with ISSC credit employees, internal and external customers. Mentor and develop a multi-person staff at the ISSC. Analyze and improve credit and collection processes in order to ensure the most effective corporate-wide control of accounts receivable. Maximize profit for the corporation by minimizing the investment of accounts receivable. Ensure bad debt losses are maintained at the lowest practical levels.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Implement and improve domestic and international credit and collection processes and procedures.
- Provides guidance to sales, order management, customer financial service, operations, and general management on credit goals, objectives, processes, procedures.
- Mentor, train, coaches, and develops ISSC department employees and provides guidance to help increase their performance.
- Negotiates payment terms and conditions with external customers and Hydraulics management.
- Implements and improves processes and operational procedures.
- Analyzes financial statements and reviews credit reports to support extension of credit and recommends strategies for creative credit solutions.
- Conducts both internal and external customer meetings and problem resolution sessions.
- Monitors financial risk of receivable portfolio and advise hydraulics management of changing bad debt reserve requirements.
- Conduct presentations at marketing/sales meetings, customer meetings, department meetings, and training workshops.
- Help with Strategic planning, develop short term and long term goals, and individual employees.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Accounting, Credit and Collections, and/or Finance
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business
- 1+ year(s) of experience with credit and collections
- Financial statement analysis
- Risk analysis
- Negotiating skills
- Effective writing and communication skills
- Public speaking skills
- PowerPoint presentation skills
- Microsoft Office, Internet, and related computer skills
- Letter of credit and other export credit security and knowledge
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time