Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Systems and Services Division is looking for a Quotation Specialist to join our team. This position can be in Lachine, QC.
The primary function of this position will be to prepare quotes and material lists in a professional manner using adequate judgment and solid technical expertise, in accordance with applicable distribution policies, product modules and sales strategies. Support the external sales team, our distributors and the users of Eaton electrical products in all other related sales tasks.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Produce complete, precise quotes, submitted on time according to schedule, according to plans and specifications, using appropriate software.
- Proactively submit alternative bids to provide more competitive offers to contractors.
- Maintain good communication with internal and external customers, including prices as well as commercial and technical questions about the products.
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with external sales engineers, using Eaton's pricing and customer management tools to maximize the effectiveness of external sales engineers.
- Track negotiations and order data to calculate a success rate allowing local management and external sales engineers to analyze their effectiveness with our customers / distributors.
- Promote the use of electronic tools.
- Provide technical and application assistance to users and distributors.
- Monitor the progress of project activities in the assigned area and communicate the needs and requirements related to the workload necessary to external sales personnel.
- Obtain orders using sales, tracking and technical expertise
- Perform their duties in accordance with Eaton's values and philosophy as well as applicable safety and environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- College diploma in electricity or electrical engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service.
- Bilingual in French and English, written and spoken.
- Be legally authorized to work in Canada without the sponsorship of a company.
- No moving allowance is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within an 80 km radius of Lachine Quebec, Canada will be considered for this position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- University degree in electrical engineering.
- Experience in customer service with electrical distribution and control products or in a related field.
- Professional engineer (Ing. Pro.).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No