Due to expansion Eaton Lighting Systems now has an excellent role on offer for a skilled Compliance Engineer to join our team. The Compliance Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Manager, the EMC Compliance Engineer position will support project work for Eaton lighting products.
As well as demonstrating technical excellence, we are looking for a resourceful, enthusiastic individual that tackles challenges head-on and is able to work effectively both independently and in tandem with other members of the team. You will demonstrate individual initiative and innovation, good attention to detail and a drive to do what is needed to deliver results.
As the Compliance Engineer your key tasks will include (but not be limited to):-
- Support and assist Development & System Engineer(s) to drive overall product safety accountability within and across engineering teams
- Interface with certification suppliers, competent bodies, & test labs as needed and drive all product safety/EMC testing requirements.
- Insure compliance to all appropriate safety regulations and standards.
- Integrate into engineering teams.
- Conduct product safety analysis from circuit level schematics/wiring diagrams to system level Test Equipment. Draw conclusions from analysis and make formal component to sub-assembly level safety recommendations to engineering teams.
- Ability to support and maintain Eaton Product EMC Certification to current requirements by performing EMC testing and revising and maintaining Technical Construction Files (TCF).
The successful candidate for the position should have some of the following skills:-
- B.Eng in Electrical/electronic Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast paced, accountable team environment.
- Experience of working with engineers on designing for Product Safety and EMC compliance.
- Hands on testing and working with outside Labs to gain desired test results.
- Results oriented and proven ability to work with all engineering disciplines and marketing/sales to drive Product Safety needs to closure.
- Basic understanding of ESD and EMC performance at the sub-assembly and system level a plus.
- Must have strong knowledge of Domestic and International Electrical Safety Standards/Regulations and Must possess an ability to summarize actions and learnings into an output for updating recommended practices related to Product Safety compliance.
- Understanding of the role of an engineering support group and the accountability to drive issues and resolve problems.
- Strong basic computer and lab equipment skills to allow for generation and maintenance of safety / EMC testing procedures and safety / EMC reports using word and excel.
- Experience with thermal data collection programs a plus.
- Hands-on ability to perform Product Safety testing using HiPot, Ground Continuity, leakage current and thermocouple equipment.
- Working knowledge of Orcad file readers to support printed circuit board Safety/EMC layout reviews
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage competing demands and priorities.
- Attention to detail is essential
- Hands-on approach to all tasks
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time