If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior Project Engineer in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shanghai, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Provide technical support to customers and suppliers in developing product requirements
· Lead APQP and PPAP at supplier component development.
· Prepare and review new project estimates: scope, effort, schedule, risk, cost, etc.
· Take a systems approach to establishing product requirements, managing risk, testing/evaluating, and ensuring reliability while collaborating cross-functionally to assure successful product/system development, design and implementation.
· Leverage tools such as DFSS to support the development of robust, reliable, and cost effective solutions that delights customers.
· Assess trade-offs between business needs, technology requirements, and cost.
· Assess the supplier capacity and mitigate the risk if any supply issue.
· Develop and launch new products following the stage-gate process (i.e., PROLaunch)
· Work in close coordination with the project management, engineering leads, and operations resources to deliver products on time, on budget, and to specification and certification requirements.
· Complete and review appropriate technical documentation: Schematics, BOMs, DFMEA, Theory of Operation, etc.
· Develop test strategies and plans for both design verification and product validation in accordance with industry standards and customer requirements
· Lead ECR/SCR implementation to close.
· Investigate and analyze new components and technologies and evaluate their appropriate use within our product lines.
· Support the generation of intellectual property while advancing technology at Eaton.
· Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with key customers and vendors
· Foster culture of learning and mentorship
· Communication ability and style are critical to this role.
· Develop and maintain relationships key with customers and suppliers
· Lead the most challenging technical projects and is self-directed.
· Independently performs assignments with minimal guidance and understands the business impact of different solutions.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SZ1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time